Time was added to the project because the old wooden floors and doors needed to be machine sanded, once the clients where certain our design was going to work with their furniture and that the family feels comfortable in the living space.
The property was redecorated, from a bland white/magnolia and plain wooden floor (light stain) to a more vibrant colour and much more warmer feeling of darker wood stain.
The works where not easy, the trees roots where a problem in the rebuild as the tree is protected, so we decided to build the walls foundation inwards and shorter thus leaving a gap next to the tree, this was the only way to do the work and keep costs as low as possible.
The property had a very big tree next to the outside fence wall, the old wall had to be demolished as the tree’s roots were bringing up the wall’s foundations.
The works where simple enough that time to fix the leaks and repair the hole in the ceiling was quick, but we needed further visits to paint and repaint the ceiling as water marks would show up few days later.
The property had a water leak from the flat upstairs and caused the ceiling to fall, thankfully nobody was hurt, but there was enough damage to make a emergency repair for the tenant.
The work took longer then expected as the customer changed their mind few times on the design of tiles. As the kitchen was untouched over 20 years we spent time on new wiring and plumbing to make sure the flat was compliant.
The property had a complete new kitchen fitted in, tiles, electrics, plumbing and carpentry. As the layout out of the kitchen was changed we had to install new plug points and new plumbing